Ocala Mechanical Defect Truck Accident Lawyer
In some cases, truck accidents are not caused by an act that occurs immediately before the accident, such as speeding or the failure to yield. Instead, some truck accidents are caused by a mechanical failure in the truck itself. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, trucks with vehicle violations can be ten times more likely to cause a crash.
Accidents between large commercial trucks and passenger vehicles can be devastating due to the sheer size and weight differences, with passenger vehicle occupants at a much higher risk of injury and death. Drivers of commercial trucks have a responsibility to all other motorists, bikers, and pedestrians to maintain the safe operation of their rigs. The failure to inspect and repair mechanical defects is a major part of this responsibility. Truck manufacturers have an equal responsibility to design and build safe vehicles.
If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident caused by a mechanical defect, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries from the responsible parties. Speak with an Ocala mechanical defect truck accident lawyer with Glover Law Firm for legal counsel about your accident today by calling phone-number.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
Truck accidents involving mechanical defects are complicated and are best handled by experienced attorneys to achieve your desired results. Many truck defects can be difficult to identify and require that an expert witness reconstruct the accident to establish liability. Other mechanical defects involve layer after layer of responsible parties, and hunting down everyone involved can become too difficult while you are trying to recover from your injuries.
This is why hiring a lawyer is so essential. Lawyers who have experience handling truck accident claims will know how to uncover and interpret evidence to determine the cause of the accident. They can consult with experts for further help pinpointing how and why a mechanical defect occurred, and use their knowledge of the law to establish liability. With a lawyer on your side, you are likely to receive far more in compensation than you would trying to handle your claim on your own.
Why Choose Glover Law Firm?
At Glover Law Firm, our truck accident attorneys have dedicated their careers to seeking justice for clients just like you. Florida is our home, and our clients are our neighbors. We are passionate about our community and we want to make sure you receive the best possible representation so that you can recover maximum compensation for your injuries. We are recognized across Florida as premier personal injury attorneys, and our dedicated Ocala truck accident lawyers will handle your case with compassion and respect.
What Kinds of Mechanical Defects Cause Truck Accidents?
To prevent accidents caused by mechanical defects, highway patrol is on a constant lookout for trucks that may be unsafe. Trucks on the road or stopped at weigh stations can be inspected at any time for mechanical defects that can lead to serious accidents. When a trucker is aware of any defect in their vehicle, they are required to report the problem to their employer so that necessary repairs can be made right away. However, stopping for repairs can take up valuable time, so many truckers ignore the fact that they must report. After all, time is money.
The Ocala truck accident attorneys at Glover Law Firm know how to obtain and search inspection records to learn if there was prior indication that repairs were necessary. Some mechanical defects that cause large truck accidents show progressive signs of wear and should be obvious to the driver, while others could be defects from the manufacturing process. The most common mechanical defects in trucks include:
- Tires: Tire blowouts are a frequent cause of motor vehicle accidents. Accidents occur when tires wear too thin, creating bald spots, or if tires are kept at an incorrect pressure. When a tire blows out on a big truck, the vehicle can swerve dangerously out of control and create a devastating path of destruction. Tires should be constantly monitored, rotated, and replaced on large trucks. The failure to change a worn-out tire is both a mechanical defect and a driver error that can cause a serious accident.
- Brake Failure: Due to the weight and size of commercial trucks, brakes must be kept in excellent condition to ensure that the vehicle can slow and stop with accuracy and control. Brake fluid and brake pads must be constantly monitored and changed. When brakes do fail, large trucks quickly become uncontrollable and can easily cause a deadly collision.
- Safety Light Outages: Safety lights, including headlights, brake lights, turn signals, and side lights are essential to the secure operation of a large truck. An inoperable light on a large vehicle at night can easily cause an accident.
- Rear Guard Failures: Rear guards are metal bars that are installed below the tailgates in trucks that prevent smaller passenger vehicles from getting trapped under the truck. These guards have been controversial recently because safety tests demonstrate that the guards break easily and can damage the passenger vehicle before allowing the vehicle to become trapped beneath the truck.
- Recalls: Any number of issues can be the source of a product recall, and it is the responsibility of the manufacturer to stay abreast of issues affecting their vehicles on the road. Once a recall is issued, it is up to the drivers and trucking companies to quickly follow instructions to receive necessary repairs. Failure to make repairs needed to comply with a recall is a dangerous form of negligence.
- Technology Failures: Computer software used in modern vehicles can be hacked or cause defective security malfunctions. These are concerns that manufacturers are constantly trying to resolve, but hacks or software bugs can pose many threats to other parties on or near the roadways. For example, the steering wheel can stop functioning properly, or pressing on the brake pedal may no longer effectively slow the truck.
If any of these issues contributed to an accident that resulted in injuries to you or a loved one, Glover Law Firm can help you recover financial compensation for your medical bills, property damage, and pain and suffering.
Call Glover Law Firm Today
If you or a family member were injured in an accident with an 18-wheeler or any other type of commercial truck caused by a mechanical defect, please reach out to an Ocala truck accident attorney today for a free, no-obligation consultation.