Ocala Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
At Glover Law Firm, we believe driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is an irresponsible and reckless action. When a drunk or impaired driver causes an accident involving injury, loss, or fatality, the victim’s lives are often irreversibly altered. Although DUI laws in the state of Florida are changing; the stricter penalties, which include license suspension, steep fines and jail time do nothing to compensate the victims and their families after a drunk driver accident.
At the Glover Law Firm, our car crash attorneys aggressively pursue financial compensation for victims of a drunk driver accident in Ocala, Florida and The Villages, Florida, and have a proven track record for our clients. While most individuals have insurance that can partially cover the cost of medical bills and car repairs, this coverage often doesn’t provide enough compensation for this reckless and irresponsible behavior. Our Ocala drunk driving accident lawyers can help you bridge the gap between what your insurance offers and what you are expected to pay on your own by holding drunk drivers financial responsibility for the results of their actions.
Drunk Driver Accident in Florida
A drunk driver accident can happen to you. They are much more common than you might think. A study published by the Century Council shows 2011 alcohol-related data for Florida that is more than a little shocking.
- There were 716 alcohol-impaired driving fatalities in 2011.
- 79 Alcohol-related fatalities involved individuals under the age of 21.
- 43,784 individuals were arrested in 2011 for driving under the influence.
- 1170 children under the age of 18 were arrested for alcohol-related crimes.
- 100 percent of drivers who were involved in fatal crashes and were repeat offenders showed a blood alcohol content of .15 or higher.
How An Ocala Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Can Help
If you have been involved in a drunk driver accident in Ocala or The Villages, a DUI auto accident attorney can help you file a claim that will hold the negligent driver financially responsible. There are three different types of claims that may be filed for this type of accident:
- Negligence – This type of claim is most common drunk driver accident in Ocala and The Villages, and it refers to the other party’s failure to operate a vehicle under a reasonable standard of care. In a negligence lawsuit, our auto accident attorneys will collect, analyze and present the evidence to prove that the defendant did not meet the standard of care, that his or her negligence resulted in the accident, and that this resulted in any injuries you may have suffered.
- Wrongful Death – If a loved one was killed as the result of a drunk driver accident in Ocala, Florida or The Villages, Florida, you may qualify for a wrongful death lawsuit. With this case, we will prove that life was lost as a direct and preventable result of the other driver’s negligence. We will fight for full compensation, including punitive, non-economic, and economic damages.
- Injuries – Every auto accident is different, and the injuries suffered will be different as well. While the other party’s insurance may compensate you for part of your medical bills, additional negotiations or litigation may be required to help collect compensation for injuries that are not covered by Personal Injury Protection, PIP, insurance.
Are you, or someone you know, looking for an attorney for a drunk driver related accident in Florida? Contact the auto accident attorney experts at Glover Law Firm. We can help you with any drunk driving incident, including auto accidents, bicycle accidents, boating accidents and even golf cart accidents.
Don’t wait to receive the help and compensation you deserve. Contact an Ocala drunk driving accident lawyer at the Glover Law Firm today for a free consultation and case evaluation.