What to Do After a Car Accident
1. Stay calm and remain at the scene.
2. Notify the authorities and seek medical attention for anyone that may need it.
3. Exchange basic information, such as names, car insurance information, contact information and license information. Also, explain to the investigating officer what happened, but do not speculate on the cause of the accident and admit no fault.
4. Do not give a statement to anyone, expect for the investigating officer.
5. Document everything about the accident scene, including information such as weather conditions, traffic conditions, name and contact information, the names of law enforcement officers at the scene and any witnesses to the accident. Also, take pictures of the accident scene.
6. If you did not receive medical treatment immediately following the accident, seek medical treatment as soon as you can.
7. Request a copy of the accident report.
8. Notify your insurance company to report the claim.
9. Contact a skilled personal injury lawyer before you sign anything. If you have been injured in a car accident, dealing with insurance companies following an accident can be a nightmare. Schedule a free consultation and case evaluation by calling Attorney Gordon Glover at our The Villages 352-205-4495 office or Ocala office 352-484-0775, or completing the website’s contact form. He will help you receive the justice you deserve.
*The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.